Thursday, January 19, 2006

why this is not a knitting blog

Because I keep knitting the same things over and over. I've made the clapotis three times, as I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before. And I've made a version of this spiral scarf at least three times, maybe four. I've lost count. (I've also lost the original pattern link; mine said to cast on 90 stitches.) I also made a clapotis-look-alike this fall.

Because I can only knit things that don't change color, or have any particular shape, or require complicated counting or holding stitches.

Because I am currently trying to finish my third (or fourth) version of said spiral scarf, and I have been casting it off for at least three days. Three days! I worked on it for over two hours yesterday and it's still not done! Granted, I'm doing it in a very fine mohair (oh, it's so lovely!) and I think I may possibly have increased it beyond 1440 stitches up to 2880. Is that possible? I'm not going to count...)

So, it's not a knitting blog. But sometimes I just have to share about my ridiculous knitting nonetheless.

And I must say, this yarn is so lovely, I might be tempted to do it again. Knitting this scarf is a little like those sudoku puzzles--predictable, even boring, but weirdly addictive.

No comments: