- Just finished my third batch of spicy pumpkin seed-cranberry bark (substitute dried cranberries for cherries, add a half teaspoon each of cinnamon and chili powder if you like). This one's for us; the others have been (mostly) given away.
- Spice cookies. Three batches, I think. Nick made the last ones, and they are fantastic. Even better with a few chocolate chips on top and warmed briefly in the microwave.
- Whole-wheat chocolate chip cookies. I make them small and I got almost 6 dozen out of the recipe.
- Cranberry thumbprint cookies. These are, sadly, almost gone. Maybe I can make more.
- Speculatius. This recipe isn't online; I'll try to post it before too long. If I get ambitious, it might be below. They are delicious--and, again, the recipe makes lots.
- Double chocolate cookies. I didn't chill them twice, though--I mixed the white chocolate chips right in and then chilled them once. It worked out fine.
- Chocolate-macadamia shortbread cookies. I didn't have salted macadamias so I upped teh salt in the dough a little and they were amazing. Note past tense, alas.
- Amaretti. And there are three egg yolks leftover from them, so probably by New Year's there will be mocha butter balls as well.
Cream until well blended:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Mix together in another bowl
3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
Beat these ingredients into the butter mixture alternately with: