Monday, January 16, 2006

back to work

the first day of the semester, and I am still wondering how this whole 8:15 class thing is going to work out. Oh, your heart bleeds, I know, if you have a real job with real hours. So I'll stop whining.

This morning was fine because I didn't have to take Mariah to her bus--she's off for MLK day, of course, but we are--not. Some of my students seem to have decided to take the day off anyway; it'll be the end of the week before I really know who's in what class, etc. But we'll get there.

In the meantime I am reading the first of the Chrestomanci books by Diana Wynne Jones, and wondering what took me so long? The more pre-Harry Potter fantasy I read, the less groundbreaking it seems. Sigh.

I should have a new column up soon. I'll link it here when it's up.

No comments: