Tuesday, March 28, 2006

evidence of spring

There's no snow on the cherry trees today. The sun is now breaking through after early morning clouds. We're told it may rain later, but it may not. And the weather is warming slowly, not all at once as it did the last couple of times. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is really it.

Here's what I see when I look out my office window.



If I actually open the window, it looks like this. I notice as I do so that the heat is on. Hmm.





It's really not cold enough to have the heat on. I go outside to get this one.




If I have spring fever, imagine how my students feel. I love the slow build of spring, but it does get harder and harder to focus in class. No wonder our semester ends at the end of April.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Libby, those trees are gorgeous! Feels like Japan.

Mamacita said...

Wow, what a view!
I especially like the first photograph, showing the tree through the window. These go so nicely with your father's lovely sonnet.

L said...

YAY! You got to take and post pictures of the cherry tree!! (and I'm late seeing them :)