Thursday, July 06, 2006

Blogaversary

A year ago today I was in England, in the midst of my first week of classes. We'd made it through the first two weeks abroad, battling the weather and the new surroundings, and things were looking up.

Two years ago Mariah was away at camp, Nick was in day camp, and he had a swim meet.

Three years ago we had a French exchange student living with us, Nick was taking swimming lessons, and I began the blog with this entry.

Four years ago we were in CT for my nephew's baptism, and five years ago we were in the middle of a bathroom renovation. Six years ago Mariah and I were just back from England and the family was getting ready for our trip to CA for Caroline & Tony's wedding later that summer.

Seven years ago I didn't have a palm pilot, so I don't have daily entries, but I was recovering from the previous year's tenure anxieties. Eight years ago I was putting the tenure portfolio together.

And 21 years ago, on this date, my brother and his wife were married. Happy Anniversary, Mike & Muzz! Wow, 21 years! I guess you guys are legal now.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ooh, I like this blogging retrospective. Cool idea.

L said...

Happy Blogaversary to you, 3 years!! In November it'll be 2 years for me. Time flies. I love the retrospective as well, will probably do something like it soon.