Thursday, July 31, 2003

Anna

the cat really likes the new location for my computer. It's down in the basement now, helping to mark out the space that will one day be an office. Another part of the basement will be a TV/play-place, if we can ever get our act together to hang some lights, paint the walls, put down carpet, etc., etc.

Anyway Anna likes to get on the desk while I'm working here. She spent some time exploring the various cords that hook the powerbook up to its various accessories, and she really really wanted to walk on over and help me type. I seem to have convinced her that that is a bad idea and she is now lying on the desk purring, pushing her back and side as close up to the back of the screen as possible. Is she looking for warmth?

Whatever. It can't really be good for the computer. When I took the space bar off in my vain attempt to clean it (to keep it from sticking, which is a major annoyance right now) I found all kinds of cat hair underneath it. Ewww! Well, not all kinds. It was all Anna's--white, soft, quite lovely. But definitely where it should not have been.

No comments: