Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring (ish)

Last year I started talking about the cherry tree outside my window on March 22nd. It had bloomed the day before, and then snow had fallen. I got pictures on the 28th. More importantly, I posted Dad's cherry tree sonnet on the 25th.

Last Friday the tree outside my window was black and stark against the sky, though it was a lovely warm day. This morning it's chillier, but the tree is blooming.

Here's one of last year's pictures. The camera batteries are (surprise!) dead again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

lovely - links and all. the blooms do make me think of snow on trees; I thought that on my way in the other day, maybe because it was so chilly out. they make me happy and I love that they are pale pink, growing in bunches. it is amazing a tree knows how to do that; that's what I always think when I see them.