Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm just happy I made the team

Well, I didn't finish my knitting olympics project. Like Bode Miller, I've got a DNF after my name. I tried, but I ran out of yarn and my LYS says it'll be in the middle of this week. So I made a start, and it's a gorgeous scarf (or will be when it's done). Now I'm just hoping I finish it before the cold weather disappears.

On the other hand, I did finish another object, a purse that I made out of some of the recycled sari yarn my mom gave me for Christmas. I even finished it during the closing ceremonies, so it sort of counts, right?

And I taught both kids to knit. This is really to me the most amazing part. Nick has not only (sort of) learned to knit (his work is still a little hole-y), he has also started a yarn stash. The other day when I went by the Yarn Lounge for more yarn, and inspiration, he ended up buying a skein of this (brushed, not kid), for when he gets better at knitting. He wants to make himself a pillow out of it.

It's good to have goals.

4 comments:

Mamacita said...

Beautiful purse, Libby!
This U.S. judge gives it a 9.5. (For one of those scones I'll make it a 10...)

kate said...

Vey nice! And good for Nick, too. A much better way of developing hand-eye coordination than videogames, in my opinion!

Libby said...

Good thinking, Kate. And, thanks, Mamacita. Maybe I'll bring some to coffee hour some morning...

Susan said...

Libby, that is VERY impressive. Gorgeous!