Friday, March 04, 2005

Bitch. Ph.D.: Spoiled students, part 3; or, what kind of student was I?

Here's a great entry by Prof. B. on elementary (and later) education. Bitch. Ph.D.: Spoiled students, part 3; or, what kind of student was I?

I was a very different kind of student than Prof. B, and maybe I'll go into that later. But I do feel we're providing the kind of education for our kids that she got--and a little better, as we've mostly managed to avoid the nightmares of middle school that she mentions. We had some of that with Mariah, pulled her out into private school (gasp!) for two years, but she's back in an integrated, very diverse high school. And I mean diverse in every way: racially, academically, economically, etc. She's learning about power, believe me.

So, more on this another time, I hope. But now I'm off to the big city for the weekend, and maybe some blog-worthy experiences.

1 comment:

kate said...

Hmmm, this is interesting. I'd love to hear what else you have to say on the subject...

Kate