Friday, November 12, 2004

PESD

I think I have Post-Election Stress Disorder. Most of last week I tried to play Pollyanna, surfed the net and blogged a few interesting things I found. And then it all came crashiing down. Well, not all. I had a fabulous Monday. I got to meet Amy for the first time, and to hang out with Jen & Steph of Brain, Child as well. They all came and did a panel for my program, and my class, and they were fabulous. It was a lot of fun, too, hanging out with like-minded women. The dinner conversation was worth the whole thing.

But since then I've been...not so hot. I've had a headache since Wednesday, which is really a drag, especially since I supposedly don't get these multi-day headaches any more now that I'm so healthy and do acupuncture and chiropractic and yoga and take all my supplements. Feh. It comes and goes, but mostly it's hanging out right here over my left eyebrow and behind my left eye.

And it's raining. Luckily our roof no longer leaks (knock wood), but still. I don't like it. It's wet and cold and was gray outside all day. So blah.

On the other hand I bought little teeny circular needles today to try to learn how to knit socks. I'm following directions I found here, only because I'm too impatient to wait for this book, which, after all, i haven't even ordered yet. I have only done a few row so far, so it's too early to tell if I'll be able to handle this or not. But it's fun trying. It would be more fun, though, without a headache.

No comments: