Tuesday, November 02, 2004

nail-biting time

Edited to reflect the truth about the yard-sign incident. Somehow I thought there was more than one in our garage, but the vandalism didn't go quite that far...


I'm glued to the TV now. I can't stand it. I can't stop watching, but there's nothing new really to report, other than that Virginia went for Bush. Again.

Saturday night our yard sign was stolen, along with several others on the block. Whoever took them all also broke our garage window and stuffed one (probably ours) in our garage--ripped up and broken, no use to anyone.

I've never put up a yard sign before. I've never felt strongly enough about a candidate, or an election. I've never been so worried about my kids, about everyone's kids, before. I've never given money to a candidate before, either. This time I did.

And then someone decided we didn't have the right to publicize our opinion, to try to encourage others to think about our position. Someone (someone identifed with the party that usually protects property rights and property owners?) decided to break our window, damage our property, and stuff yard signs where they couldn't be seen.

I can't bear to watch the results tonight, but I can't look away.

No comments: