Sunday, November 05, 2006

must be the weekend

because I've been baking. Every other meal, I think, since Friday evening: casserole that night, (Nigella's granola) muffins the next morning, biscuits with dinner Saturday, (pumpkin) muffins this morning, and flatbread with dinner tonight. It's madness, but no one complains.

This morning's muffins, below, are shamelessly ripped off from Susan, who got the idea elsewhere. Yum.



BTW, this recipe is basically what I did, though I only just discovered that. I actually made mine from a recipe for pumpkin bread from a falling-apart paperback cookbook, The Art of Cooking for Two, that I always just scoop into muffin cups instead. So I didn't do the nice cinnamon-sugar top, but otherwise it's really almost the same, except that I used a cup of brown sugar rather than the 1-1/4 called for, and two cups flour (one each white & whole wheat).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for pumpkin muffins!!ww

kate said...

As I was just commenting to Susan,I made pumpkin muffins this weekend, too! And cookies. But I have got to get out of the kitchen and start using my time more productively (though the product will be less tasty...)

Heather said...

I found the chocolate pie recipe for you - get excited... and laugh it up...

also wrote about Speak to try to get my school to assign it to the faculty... we'll see...

Anonymous said...

Oh! After seeing that picture and reading these posts, I simply must make muffins tomorrow :)
Kimberly