Tuesday, October 25, 2005

cold

It is 62 degrees fahrenheit in my house this morning. Now, I'm ready for the cooler weather (the baking! the knitting!) but this is a little much for me. Nick's oatmeal was, he says, "room temperature" by the time I got it from the microwave to the dining room table. That's too cold.

So I guess I need to go remember how to light the pilot light on the heater. I have been waiting for November, out of some misplaced sense that if we don't light the pilot light until November we won't go broke heating the house. But if we freeze to death before that we'll save more money, but for what? (OK, I realize 62 is not even close to freezing to death--indulge me.) If I don't post for a few days, send out a search party. I may be lost in the wilds of junk that currently populate our basement.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Ours is 60. I'm waiting till November too, but S says that if it snows tonight, he's turning it on. Just bought beautiful yarn and started a shawl. I was thinking about blogging about it, but really I can't just blog to you...

Libby said...

Well, we lit ours this morning and the house is much cozier. It snowed in VA today--3 inches! (Not here, up in the mountains, but still...)