Friday, March 06, 2009

Finished Object


One nice thing about the snow day was the increased knitting time it provided. Well, for a while. At a certain point my hands just got too cold. But before that happened, I managed to finish the knitting on a new bag, and then when we got power back I had the time and inclination to sew it up and line it. I am still not very good at hand-sewing, and I couldn't find the power cord for Mariah's sewing machine, so there are seams here that could be neater. Still and all, it was a very fun knit--with yarn I got from a friend who brought home a huge haul from the Goodwill, and was happy to share!--and will be a useful addition to my spring wardrobe.

Which I can apparently break out today. Nick, whose last snow day was just the day before yesterday, went to school today without a coat; it was over 40F before 7 am, and is predicted to go up to 63F today, and 79F by Sunday. Welcome to spring in Virginia!

4 comments:

Magpie said...

That looks cool.

Chris said...

That looks as cool as the Emperor's new clothes - invisible on my computer!

Chris said...

Ha! As soon as I posted my comment, the picture appeared!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Well, I must say I am impressed. That looks pretty cool to me! Love it!