Monday, July 21, 2008

Back again

I am back from the most fabulous family vacation ever, and all I can say is, if you ever need to make 13 people ranging in age from 3 to 70+ happy, take them on a barge trip in Southwest France. There was something for everyone, from the jacuzzi to the wines, the beach to the ruins, the high culture to the low. We saw bull games in the Camargue and fireworks over the water the night before Bastille Day, swam in the Mediterranean, ate gourmet food on the barge and off, drank and tasted some of the most famous wines in the world, and relaxed and enjoyed each others' company.



For those of you keeping track, I did not read one word of The Water-Babies (you were so right, Becca!), but I did finish one entire knitting project and made a little progress on another. (I also had two pairs of knitting needles confiscated out of my luggage in Vienna--argh!) I've "marked all read" for most of what was on my google reader, caught up on a few other blogs, checked in on facebook, done the laundry, and deleted most of my email--all the kind of low-brain-power activities that I can do while still feeling mightily jet-lagged. Things don't ramp up until later in the week.

5 comments:

Becca said...

mmm, sounds/looks delightful!

Elrena said...

Welcome home! I love the pictures.

Terry D said...

Welcome back! That part of France looks even more tropical than I imagined, and so wonderfully ancient : ) thanks to you (and Mariah) for posting the beautiful pics.

Terry D said...

(tess is Terry --I got that login messed up again. If you are like my students, you will think a strange character is stalking you!)

Magpie said...

insanely jealous. wow.