Sunday, January 20, 2008

In lieu of content

I've been too busy reading lately to do much new writing, and the blog is suffering. So, in lieu of new words, I give you pictures! When I can't read any more, I find I can still knit--so I have been doing plenty of knitting the past few months. Here are a few new(ish) finished objects.

First, the Christmas knitting. Much less than last year, but still a reasonable amount. Over there somewhere (I am fighting this layout and it is winning), a cabled neckwarmer for Mariah. Below (or somewhere else), slippers for my sister (blue and cream) and brother (red and gray).

Then I knitted these (those, you know, over there) mittens for Mark (like the slippers, they are felted to make them extra-sturdy and warm). Then Christmas was over, and I did a little knitting for myself: the blue ladder shawl (which I just finished last night, and wore today), and the lovely party lace scarf, my first venture into beaded knitting. (That one took me almost a year, but I didn't work on it from about last February until the end of December.) I've just started another shawl (again with the shawls!) tonight.

Thank goodness for knitting.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Not to mention the oven glove/mitten for your nephew, which is an essential element in his kitchen pretend play these days!

Jody said...

I've been eying those clogs on Ravelry for a week or two now. I wonder if I was on your project page without realizing it was you....

Becca said...

You are remarkable! Please send pattern/directions for slippers, if possible, as they are exactly what I want to make, for M and then for me.

Magpie said...

Those are all great - but why are the slippers sitting on the laptop?!?

Libby said...

Magpie, you probably can't tell, but they are sitting in front of my "project page" for Ravelry, the knit & crochet site--where I also posted their picture. Just a little self-referentiality!