Monday, January 12, 2004

two from Nick

Yesterday we were watching football and two guys got up in each others' faces. Mark commented, "They're trying to kiss, but they can't reach through their facemasks."

Nick's response," That's silly, Daddy. Two boys can't..." Then he rethought it. "Well, actually, two boys can marry each other, but there's usually a girl involved."

Not touching that one. He certainly knows some gay couples, and I think he knows that they are couples. Hmm.

Today when I went to pick him up from school he was looking at his library book, a "fact book" (his term) about cars. The last page shows cars from the future. His friend came over to look and said, "I hate the future."

"Why do you hate the future?" I asked. "You'll be a grown-up in the future."

"That's why," he said. "I want to be a wild boy!" (No problem there, I might add.)

Nick chimes in. "The sad fact about being a grown-up," he says, "is that you die."

No arguing with you there.

No comments: