Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sour Duck: The Carnival of Feminists, Issue 3

A big "thank you" today to Sour Duck for including my post on Beauvoir in this terrific round-up of feminist blogging: Sour Duck: The Carnival of Feminists, Issue 3

(Thanks, too, to the indispensable Dr. B. for alerting me to the carnival.)

I have barely scratched the surface of the fabulous links Sour Duck pulled together; I'm sure I'll have more to say when I spend a little more time. Welcome to anyone who clicks over here from there; stay a while and let me know what you think!

And a reminder: Issue 4 of The Carnival of Feminists will be published on December 7th at The Happy Feminist. Send submissions to veryhappyfeminist AT yahoo DOT com with feminist carnival in the subject line.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Libby. This is a comment *way* off your past blogs, but... here's how it happened. I want (read *NEED*) the recipe to Erma Bombeck's Elevator Lady Spice cookies... my husband passed away last year,suddenly, unexpectedly, too early in life ..... I have since sold the house, moved, am living in what was to be a beautiful apartment but was taken over by renovations at a time when I really needed to 'get myself back together' ..... so I live in chaos while they install new windows, balconies, etc. But I digress. E.L.Spice cookies were the mainstay of my family, kids, guests, and everyone loved them. Want to make more, like NOW ... good therapy. Can't find my E.B. cookbooks. Did a Google search on this subject, - and up came your blog! Very interesting reading, I must say, and I've enjoyed the few posts I've read, but am really just asking now if you still have the recipe (it's *got* to be a standby for moms!!) and would you mind sharing it? Would greatly appreciate it. my email is pkraymond@sympatico.ca - yes, Ontario, Canada. Beautiful part of the world, however hubby and I travelled extensively too and have visited your area too. Guess I just have to say that one has to find the beauty in any spot one chooses to visit - it's there! Thanks for "listening" - hope to hear from you.
Have a great day - Pauline.

Anonymous said...

Hi again Libby: and a *big* OOPS ..... I meant 'Peg Bracken' and not Erma Bombeck. I guess both had the same sense of humour, but just got my names mixed ... sorry. Again, - a good day! :) Pauline

Libby said...

Pauline, I'll look for the recipe when I get home this evening. I agree that those cookies are good therapy.

Sour Duck said...

I'm so glad B. Ph.D. mentioned my call for submissions at her blog. As a result of her post, I got your submission and at least one other excellent submission.

Yay B. Ph.D.! :)

Thanks for the mention, btw. ;)

kate said...

Yes, it was a great post (the Carnival of Feminists one.) I had started to post a comment on it but couldn't get my thoughts together to say anything coherent (that happens a lot lately...) so didn't end up commenting. But still. I'd love to hear more about that class and how the students are reacting to it.