So Nick is now, I guess, a tween. He starts middle school in the fall, and was recently heard to announce that he's "practically a teenager." Since it is one of my great happinesses in life that I will not be parenting two teenagers at once, I have quashed this notion thoroughly. Nonetheless it's true that he's a tween.
This summer he has:
- been to France
- eaten an oyster
- learned stop-motion animation
- lost a tooth (another one is hanging on by a thread...)
- learned to unload the dishwasher
- gotten used to having his sister as a chauffeur
- swum in the Mediterranean
- made pancakes for the family without a "tedium monkey"
- gotten well into the second guitar book
- grown from below my shoulder-height to well above it
- turned eleven.