Sunday, April 25, 2004

Tiny Updates

I've actually update the viewing and reading logs for the first time in ages. And all I have to say is: "Spinal Tap" is R for language only, so if your kids have ever heard the F word this movie is totally appropriate for them. Or, apparently, even if they haven't. Nick was mimicking what he heard and said, "What the..." And Mark said, "Nick, that's a bad word. Your probably shouldn't say that outside the house." (We're so radical...) And Nick totally thought Mark meant "What the heck!" Somehow he missed the F word, which I then explained rather lamely to him, saying it, saying it was bad, and saying it was a grownup word. Yeah, I'm a radical mom. He is completely confused.

And YA books rock. Read Jasper Fforde, if you've ever read Jane Eyre or pretty much anything else in the English literary canon. And read Lois Lowry if you're alive, though you should read The Giver and Gathering Blue before you read Messenger if you can manage it. I mean it.

And, I've never been on a surfboard in my life, but if you can't find something to like in the Bruce & Dana Brown trilogy of Endless Summer, Endless Summer II, and Step Into Liquid, you may not be alive either.

No comments: